Monday, July 6, 2009

Can We Mend It?

It was a long journey on Sunday and yesterday. Three hours from Kuantan to KL yesterday seem longer than the three hours from KL to Kuantan on Sunday.

I was extremely tired yesterday. The dialogue really dried my energy. Though we had two tea breaks, one big breakfast in the hotel plus free lunch I still feel that at the end of the day I was really tired.

I got my second cake for my 40th birthday. The expensive one. From Secret Receipe. Compliment from my team members. And to add icing on the joy I celebrated it with my new little girl friend. Jaqueline is her name. Chubby and bubbly. Hehehe. So sweet and cute. Again, being 40 is not bad at all. In fact better. Ok, enough with those bigday stuff.

As we were passing Genting Sempah yesterday, my mind travelled back to my hometown. Looking outside the window at the bamboo trees, the forest and tall big tree gave a special feeling. Peace at heart. I remember when I was just a boy I used to follow my dad finding the bamboo shoot. My dad will teach me how to choose the good one, how to cut it and how to remove the skin. Those were the days. Now, I can hardly find the forest with lot of bamboo trees. Many lands have been cleared for replantation of rubber tree.

I remember during my last holiday my dad told me, "You know son, now I got to buy almost all things which we used to get it for free such as the bamboo shoot." Development and conservation of environment. One of it must go. Sacrifice. But do we have a right to sacrifice thing which is not belong to us alone but all the past and future generation? People just don't care. As a result we are losing more and more trees, committing more and more robbery of the future generation rights.

Maybe dad was right when he said, "We can plant trees at the KLIA or creating forest in KLCC, but it will never be the same." Just like friendship, when you hurt your friend it will not be same anymore even if you can mend it."

2 comments:

  1. sedih dengan kealpaan segelintir makhluk ciptaan Tuhan yang dipanggil MANUSIA

    ReplyDelete